August 30, 2021
In response to the rise in Covid cases and information from the Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”), we received updated guidelines from the Diocese of Joliet regarding Covid protocols for Mass and other parish activities. You may read them here.
Some highlights of these new guidelines as it relates to Mass are as follows:
- Mask wearing for all over the age of 2 (vaccinated and unvaccinated) while indoors is required.
- Eucharistic Ministers are required to wear masks during the distribution of Communion.
- Those desiring Communion on the tongue should come forward at the end of the Communion line; Eucharistic Ministers will sanitize hands between those receiving in this way.
- Social distancing seating will continue to be provided, allowing for up to 6’ of spacing.
- No physical sign of peace will be done.
- Registration for Masses is not necessary.
- Directional entry and exit into and out of the church is not necessary.
The updated guidelines from the Diocese are in place to keep everyone healthy and avoid an outbreak of Covid. Importantly, if anyone does not feel well they should not attend Mass; dispensation from the requirements to attend Mass is still in place. We just ask for you to exercise prudence as we continue to navigate through this time.
Finally, a reminder that anyone who may not be comfortable with in-person Mass attendance may come to our Drive-In/Tune-In Mass at 10:30 AM in the church’s West parking lot where you can listen to Mass being celebrated in the church and also receive Communion from Eucharistic Ministers. Advance registration is not required.